Back to Scott Williams Photography

Saturday, January 7, 2012

1.6.2012 - Bah Humbug...

Bah Humbug

The idea for doing this daily photo blog came from Picaboo.com's 365 Project, and it appears that in an attempt to encourage all those participating to keep shooting, they are making weekly suggestions.  This first weeks suggestion was to play with depth of field and in some way say "goodbye" to the holidays.  Something I'm all too willing to do.  This photo is of a holly tree in our front yard.  A 20 foot tall holly tree.  I'm sure it's supplied the holiday craft project of just about everyone on the block at one time or another.  I hate this tree, and vow every year to cut it down...I know, I know, Bah Humbug.  Maybe this is the year that happens. 

PHOTO: This is a 5 exposure High Dynamic Range photo processed in HDRSoft's Photomatix software. The source Image was taken using a Nikon D300 and a 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR Lens.  ISO 100  50mm  F/1.8  1/90 second shutter speed. 

2 comments:

  1. I'll bring my chainsaw over and we can get that sucker down. This is a great photo that everyone who misses the tree can refer to.

    ReplyDelete