Back to Scott Williams Photography

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1.3.2012 - The 509...

Christmas Morning

The 509...Stevens County...Colville.  A place that will always be home regardless of where I live.  I like to think of myself as a "city boy" anymore, but I'm most happy taking photos in rural or isolated places.  It's the only time I'm truly comfortable being alone.  These were photos I had taken on our recent trip back to Colville for Christmas, but had not sat down to process and edit until today.

The First image was taken Christmas morning.  I had just headed out to the car to start packing for the day's trip to the in-laws and was greeted with this sky. 

The image below was taken Christmas eve day.  It's of a barn just down the road from my parent's house.  I've photographed it many times, but never in the winter.  In the center of the image 4 whitetail deer can bee seen foraging for food. 

Winter is Coming





























PHOTOS:
Christmas Morning - This is a 9 exposure High Dynamic Range photo processed in HDRSoft's Photomatix software.  The Primary Exposure was taken at 18mm 1SO 100  F4.0 with a 1/20 second shutter speed  with my Nikon D300 and a Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro lens 

Winter is Coming - Also a 9 exposure High Dynamic Range photo processed in HDRSoft's Photomatix software.  The Primary Exposure was taken at 65mm 1SO 100  F5.0 with a 1/500 second shutter speed  with my Nikon D300 and a Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro lens

3 comments:

  1. I love both of these...but mostly .. I love that you love "home".
    We love you and think you "and" your pictures are amazing!
    I'm loving the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to go home. Stevens County forever.

    ReplyDelete