Back to Scott Williams Photography

Sunday, January 1, 2012

1.1.2012 - "8-BIT"


Happy New Year and welcome!  This is the first of a planned 365 (at least) daily posts featuring a photo that I have taken that day.  Inspired by Picaboo.com's 365 Project on their Facebook page, I decided to not only take at least one good photo a day and post it, but do a short blog post about the photo.  Each Photo will be posted on my website as well in  the Portfolio folder titled 2012. 

This photo was taken at the Sonhomish County Martha Lake Airfield Park.  It's a piece of art in the park that I've wanted to photograph for a while as it's "8-bit graphic" form pulls at the gamer geek in me.  As much as I love today's gorgeous looking video games, there's something about the cubic style of the early video games like space invaders and Galaxian that will always speak to the child in me and remind me most of time spent with my brother.  It's 2012 Tim, and I still think of you every day. 

PHOTO:  This is a 9 exposure High Dynamic Range photo processed in HDRSoft's Photomatix software.  The Primary Exposure was taken at 30mm 1SO 100  F4.0 with a 1/180 second shutter speed  with my Nikon D300 and a Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro lens

4 comments:

  1. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” (Howard Thurman)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I forgot I had started that... maybe I'll use it this year diva_lish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo, it looks like a painting. Nice work Scott.

    ReplyDelete